As LED grow lights continue to become more affordable, an increasing number of greenhouse growers and vertical farmers are considering whether the lights would benefit their production systems. Several studies and growers applications have demonstrated the development of new lighting technologies such as light-emitting diodes (LEDs) can increase the capability to provide ideal light conditions to crops, making possible the improvement of crop performance and product quality.
In order to understand how light can improve production, we need to learn how plants respond to light, which options of lighting are available, how to select the best technology, and apply the best light management.
- Response to light quality
- Response to light quantity
- Light requirements (Light quality/ light quantity) for most common crops
- Leafy greens
- Vine crops
- How to select the best fixture?
- Lighting options for indoor farming
- Lighting option for supplemental lighting applications
- Questions to ask when selecting a light manufacturer
- How to request a light plan
Fill out this quick form to download the full PDF.